Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Kah Bang Festival


The Kah Bang Music Art and Film Festival is taking place in Bangor, Maine August 5th - 13th across various venues.  The film festival side of things has great events like the Murray vs Murray - three Bill Murray films competing for your heart! and a competition to see who can make the best film only using an iPhone 4.  I am also interested in seeing Mainestream - movies made by Maine filmmakers.  Definitely worth checking out these fine events.

Of course the thing that caught my eye was the music festival.  My Morning Jacket, Atmosphere, Surfer Blood and a slew of other great bands, across nine days and various venues.  I have wanted to see My Morning Jacket for years now and Atmosphere has always put on a great performance when I have seen them.  I also am excited for the non-stop dance party that is a Chromeo show!  Hopefully, I will get to hear new local bands for opening acts.  I know that Portland has a fantastic local music scene.  The few times I have been to Maine I have always loved it, so I have high hopes for this great festival.  If you are in the Northeast this is definitely the festival to check out!

No comments:

Post a Comment