Wednesday, August 31, 2011

DRC Music



  Ah Congo (featuring Jupiter Bokondji and Bokatola System) by DRC Music

Hallo (featuring Tout Puissant Mukalo and Nelly Liyemge) by DRC Music

Damon Albarn needs to slow down. He is making the rest of us look really bad. Between Blur, the Good the Bad the Queen, Gorillaz, Operas, and everything else then man is involved in - I am not sure he can sleep. Regardless, he has a new project out called DRC Music, a benefit album for the Democratic Republic of Congo.  The project has a rediculous collaboration list: T-E-E-D (Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs), Dan The Automator, Jneiro Jarel, Richard Russell, Actress, Marc Antoine, Alwest, Remi Kabaka, Rodaidh McDonald and Kwes, along with the best musicians from the DRC.  I wish I could describe the tracks, but I do not have words for them.  They are incredibly good and need to be heard to be understood.  I will say that "Ah Congo" is deep and dark.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment