Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Italians Do It Better




The first time I ever heard about Italians Do It Better, I was a freshman at Miami University. I was kinda interested in dance music, very interested in no wave, and total uninterested in the classes I was taking. I got a couple tracks from After Dark and the first Chromatics album and instantly fell in love with it. It was the perfect soundtrack to short days and my first time in winter. This and early Lindstøm singles were what got me through.

So when I saw that Johnny Jewel remastered the original After Dark I knew I was in for a nostalgic treat. The songs are better than I remember and everything sounds great. I am beyond excited for the next volume of After Dark. In case you some how haven't heard it yet - go buy the Chromatics album. Also check out the video of Chromatics performing Chanel fashion show after the jump!



No comments:

Post a Comment